Wednesday 30 June 2010

my summer reading list, and the BHS playlist

What I'm reading this summer:

Love, Aubrey - Suzanne LaFleur

Already started reading this, it's sooo good. About a little girl who's Mum has abandoned her, and her Dad and little sister have been killed in a car crash. She goes and lives with her Gran and meets this girl Bridget... I haven't finished it yet, though.


How I Live Now - Meg Rosoff


The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins

My Mum's book, Hurry Up and Slow Down, recently won an award and this book also won one in the same ceremony for a different category. Apparently it's amazing, even though it looks kind of, boy-ish haha. 
I'm one of those people who judges a book by it's cover (literally) ... though I really shouldn't in this case!


I got a Jackie Collins book free with Company this month - I'm not sure if it's that EXACT book, but hey I'll guess I'll be reading it this summer, haha.


If I Stay - Gayle Foreman
OK, truth be told, I've already read this - it's beautiful, and I think they're making it into a movie... I recommend that you read it first, though.


And now..
THE BHS PLAYLIST!

So when you're working 9-5 you realise that in a shop they play the saaameee songs... over... and... over...

these are on the line-up (so if you're looking for a summer playlist, here's some inspiration...)  :

Man on the Moon - R.E.M

Skinny Genes - Eliza Doolittle

Starry Eyed - Ellie Goulding

New Shoes - Paolo Nutini (sigh, Kam)

Don't Stop Believin' - Journey (OF COURSE!!)

Ironic - Alanis Morissette

Crazy in Love - Beyonce ft. Jay-Z

What Goes Around - Justin Timberlake

Abracadabra - Steve Miller Band
ciao ciao
-™






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an interesting summer read !

p.s. loving the new layout of your blog , very artistic !

Meleonieeee - ♥ said...

Ooh! Awesome book list! I'll try and find Love, Aubrey and Married Lovers at the library, they both seem pretty great! Loving the new header and look!
x

Barb said...

I wanna read everything!!

Kiki said...

I love The Hunger Games! I've read the whole series. Soooo good for young adult stuff.

Haha, I judge books by covers too. I'm so shallow. x