Tuesday 3 September 2013

Um, Girls Can Wear Trousers


This is just a quick one to say,

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED ON BRITAIN AND IRELANDS NEXT TOP MODEL WITH THAT COMPLETE DICKHEAD WHO SAID THAT EMMA SHOULD DRESS LIKE A 'LADY'?

 
OK I'll admit, I love Emma but the make up was a bit orange. But other than that, I quite liked it when she went through the shops choosing androgynous clothes, looking through the mens' section for shirts, and pairing trousers and heels. To me, that was absolutely fine. Refreshing, even. The other three all wore dresses, which is also fine, I mean yeah they looked cute and all, but I liked it that Emma did something a little different.

BUT THEN this complete dick who was judging the challenge just rips at her, and when she explains she was going for a boyish thing he says 'but you are a girl!' saying she needs to 'dress like a girl!'

HOLD UP

SHE'S WEARING TROUSERS AND A SHIRT... DOES THAT MEAN SHE AUTOMATICALLY HAS A PENIS

NO

YOU SEXIST PRICK

FUCK YOU, SHE LOOKED AWESOME
(except the foundation)

I'm sorry I mean I know he's supposed to be some sort of expert, but I really think he was rude. Just because she's a model she's expected to just 'take it' and be used to 'criticism in the industry'. Her job may mean she has to become a human mannequin at times and suit the client, but that doesn't mean she's not still a human being with feelings.

OK IM DONE BYE

tegan xo

2 comments:

Furree Katt said...

Hi Tegan! I haven't commented here in ages (though I do read your new posts quite religiously).

I love those trousers, she looks really nice in them. I often wear pants more than anything else and I don't think there's anything remotely manly about it...

Liese said...

I think you're absolutely right,
why wouldn't she wear trousers if she looks amazing in them (which she totally does!)

Love, Liese
Cats & Dresses